Tuesday 23 September 2014

***REVIEW*** 'The Spice of Life: The Transformation' by Jake Furie Lapin



As always this will be a spoiler free review (wish me luck on that- I'm gonna need it.)

This is the first book in a 3 part series.

TSOL takes us on Jake's transformation from a submissive, out-of-shape man, stuck in a sexless marriage, to a strong, successful, fit, loving Dom, as he describes his many sexual adventures, in great detail, to Kelli, his sex therapist.

Kelli is a successful sex therapist who also finds herself trapped in a marriage that is lacking heat and passion.

WHAT. A. JOURNEY! 
This is not your average therapy session.

I had so many thoughts on how this story would play out, let me just say I WAS WRONG! 

The prelude had me intrigued &
Jake has such a unique style of writing that grabs you instantly.
This is such a candid, refreshing insight to the BDSM life style.

I felt Kelli's despair as she describes her life & marriage to Paul.  I just wanted to grab that man & give him a shake to wake him up! I admire the choice Kelli made for her family, I also understand her need for more. I really enjoyed when Kelli would let go & be almost carefree on a night out with her good friend Nina, every girl should have a Nina in their life. 

I could sympathise with Jake during the beginning of his journey and admire how he dealt with the challenging situations he was faced with.  It is truly remarkable how he has risen above the many obstacles in his past to become such a strong and confident man.
I may not have made the same decisions had I been in Jake's shoes but I did understand why he came to those decisions. 

After all, none of us can really predict how we would react to a situation unless we are faced with it.

We would all do well to be a little more like Kelli & Jake. They are such great characters who strive to rise above the mundane in their lives that may have left others to sink into the depression.

Who will benefit the most from this therapy session?
You will need to read to find out. 

I can not wait for more!
Thank you Jake for sharing this journey.






No comments:

Post a Comment